Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause respiratory infections. These can range from the common cold to more serious diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS).
Coronaviruses are also said to be zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that can spread from person to person.
Symptoms Of Coronavirus:
As at now, there is no specific medicine to prevent or treat coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Below are some preventive measures to take:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap under running water.
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated. The idea is to get the throat moist all the time so that when infected, the virus can go into your stomach where the hydrochloric acid in your stomach will neutralize the virus.
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and face. Make sure to use hand sanitizers especially the ones with rubbing alcohol in them.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables and thoroughly cook all your foods. This is to kill all the bacteria in the food items.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
Avoid close contact (1 metre or 3 feet) with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.